For some people a traditional hot water tank makes more sense, and you can still get more hot water at a lower cost.
You Save When You Buy VS Renting
When you do the math, you save money when you purchase. Why? That low monthly rental cost really adds up over time.
- Rental: a standard 50 gallon tank for 15 years, your cost of rental will be more than $3,148 at today’s rental rate (180 months x $17.49 per month = $3,148.20).
- Purchase: you can buy starting at around $1,499.00.
That’s a savings of almost $1,600.
Our Hot Water Tanks
If a hot water tank is the right option for you, we have a package you’ll love:
- One-of-a-kind air/fuel shut-off device offers double protection.
- Available as power vented or atmospheric.
- Maintenance free – no filter to clean.
- Standard replacement parts.
- Self-cleaning EverKleen™ patented system fights sediment build-up.
- Energy efficient – reduces fuel costs.
- Provides more hot water.
- Easy to light: no matches required.
- Longer life than most conventional hot water tanks.
- Patented magnesium anode rod design protects the tank from rust.
- Meets or exceeds NRCan requirements.
- Warranty: 8 year tank, 8 year parts, 1 year labour.
Approxmate costs start at:
- 40-gallon conventional: $1,399 + HST
- 50-gallon conventional: $1,499 + HST
- 60-gallon conventional: $1,899 + HST
- 40-gallon power vented: $2,499 + HST
- 50-gallon power vented: $2,599 + HST
Is a Traditional Hot Water Tank The Right Choice For You?
If these conditions apply to you, you may want to consider a conventional hot water tank instead of a tankless model:
- You tend to be home during the day, using hot water. With a conventional tank, you pay to heat the water 24/7.
- You are planning to sell your home in the near future (and therefore won’t reap the rewards from the energy savings a tankless will provide).
- You are on a very tight budget. Conventional hot water tanks are cheaper than tankless models, and installation is cheaper as well.
- There aren’t a lot of people sharing your home.
If you have a large family or are away from home a lot, a tankless water heater will provide energy savings for you.